Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Back at it...

After a great Sunday, we were able to get back to the house we have been working on.  There were a few items to be finished included laying the tile flooring and finishing up the windows.  We were short some of the items, but we were able to complete all the material would allow us to.  It looks like because of the rain that has come upon us today and will continue into Tuesday night, we will not be able to return to the site until Wednesday at the earliest.  One of the things we need to do is paint the roof and we will need it to be dry to do that.  Wednesday and Thursday look clear at this point in the forecast. 

The good thing is that we won't be idle.  There are two more homes to begin work on that will take us through our time here and continue on with the next crew coming from North Carolina.  Material is expected to be there tomorrow and we can begin working. 

Okay, I have figured out where the confussion was in regards to the Korean service.  We are actually going to be going to the Korean church tomorrow (Tuesday) for a youth rally.  After the rally, they will be having games and a potluck for us to fellowship with them.  I am really looking forward to seeing what God has in store.

At this point in the trip, I am feeling a bit bitter sweet.  I am truly enjoying myself and am excited about what God is doing.  I wake up expecting to encounter the Lord each day and am ready to interact with the people.  Yesterday gave me such insight into the culture in which they live and the expectations they have living on the island.  But, on the other hand, I miss my family terribly.  I have yet to be away from my wife and kids this long and am longing to be home with them.  Throughout the week though, God has given me and incredible peace to know I am right where he wants me to be and has also given me a wonderful sence of assurance that our famly is being blessed because of this experience.  As they say in the beginning of the service in American Samoa, "God is good...... All the time....... All the time..... God is Good!"

Thank you again to all of you who are following and commenting.  Your encouragment is a blessing to me.

In Christ..... Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment