Saturday, January 23, 2010

American Samoa

Hello All,

The Lord is so good.  I am ready to go and am looking forward to the opportunity to serve in American Samoa. If you are reading this and wondering what I am talking about, I will give you a quick update.

An area the God has lead us as a family to get involved with is Disaster Relief.  So, we did and in November an opportunity arose in American Samoa to help rebuild some of the homes that were damaged by the tsunami that hit the island last year.  It was ever so clear to us that it was something I needed to make myself available for and let God lead.

Well, he did.  He put things in motion and provided a way for me to serve and my family to stay and support me as I travel.  I am set to leave for American Samoa on the 24th of January at 8am and will be there for two weeks.  We have a team of 7 men that are going at different times to help with the rebuilding process and to share the Gospel.  My hope and prayer is that through our willingness to serve, Jesus Christ is glorified and that the Gospel is portrayed in our actions and words.

I have had a lot of requests for updates, so I thought I would create this blog and post things to it during my time on the island.  There are so many people that have supported me physically, spiritually, and financially in order to make this trip possible.  Thank you all for your willingness to support what the Lord is doing in the life of my family.

Please continue to check in to see what the Lord is doing...... till next time.

Billy

5 comments:

  1. We will be praying for you in church today, Morristown Christian Fellow Church. Thanks for the blog site, it will help your friends here in Morristown keep up with you and your team. We will pray that you and your team will help those in need and you will be able to share the love and salvation of Jesus Christ where ever you go.
    ~Carol Threewit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Billy, We are so proud of you and the sacrifice your family is making!! The people of Samoa are wonderful. growing up in California I gew up with alot of families from there... you will have such a great time serving!! God bless you on this journey!

    Gwen, Mike & Jake Holtman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billy, Be like Paul in ACTS 17:3 where it reads: Explaining and demonstrating that the Christ had to suffer and rise again from the dead, and saying "This Jesus whom I preach to you is the Christ."

    God Bless You Brother. We had quite a few lifting you up at last nights Prayer Service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Billy, Praise God as you rebuild homes and lives through your efforts and the witness of your love for God and the sharing of His word.

    Glenn Crichton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brother B
    Finally got where I needed to be prayin up, liftin up and checkin up on you yours and ours.Just remember brother you are never alone, That thin red thread that binds us all together streches to infinitity and into eternity. May the God of heaven and earth bless the labor of the hands He has sent.LOL 70X7

    ReplyDelete